Thursday, February 19, 2015

Key Activities to Employment:

Crucial Tasks:

As of Right now, 02.19.15 @ 8:30PM, My ideal place of employment would be at one of two Baby product offices opening in my hometown. One is run by a long time Industrial Designer of Graco. The other is by a couple people from a slightly newer generation of Graco R&D. I have multiple connection to employees at these new offices, but their only personal at this point in time.

One is a potential Model Making Position involving the prototyping phase of products being designed, the other is Generic R & D job with Industrial Designers.

The locations, like I said, are extremely close, and both offer work that I can see myself doing.

1.) Complete a digital Portfolio: this will most likely be a very polished/interactive version of my physical portfolio. Most likely will be performed on Wix because of it's professional appeal

2.) Complete Capstone Book: Not only a ProPrac II assignment, but a chronicling of my last semester as an industrial Design student. To a perspective employer, this is a key way they will understand how I personally navigate the design process. Bonus: Since my capstone is also a group/multidisciplinary/industry sponsored project, it will show my skills in dealing with these types of work.

3.) Create a Portfolio section tailored to the world of Baby Products: I just want to have an attached section in the back of my physical portfolio that shows sketches, marker work, solid works, and maybe some rendering involving baby products. I have a pretty distinct drawing style and I plan on showing these guys what it looks like when I design products in their market.

4.) Connect with these potential employer and send my resume, business card, portfolio, etc*
            *Must wait until the work is done and put together, obviously.


Secondary Tasks: (in order of personal priority/preference)

1.) Explore more work outside of University Mandated work and document to show my other skills not apparent in my portfolio
2.) The Idea of an Instagram to simply visual layout a process is genius. Smart phone friendly is so key right now.
3.) My Fiero. That was my baby in high school until I crashed it. I truly believe that piece of machinery could land me a job if the right set of eyes fall on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment