Thursday, February 19, 2015

About Me: What Kind of work I like, skills I want to use after college, etc.

After four years here in Philly, I can safely say the following information accurately conveys my current employment interests/demands:

To be brutally honest, I'm not certain on what type of job I'm in pursuit of. I enjoy make many things; It's just the kind of person I am. I can do CAD work well, I can make some pretty 
In high school when we used to take those tests that tell us what we should be, I frequently got "jeweler". I was curious so I asked my guidance counselor. She told me it was for two main reasons, because I enjoy precision, and working with my hands. Makes sense. I spent my high school years elbow deep in engine compartments, or camping somewhere in the woods.

Some days it seems like I "think" and "do" in tandem. I find that jobs/projects that have a flexible brief, but know what the end result needs to achieve. Over the progression of the project I find it exciting if I hit a metaphoric brick wall, it only makes me want to find a more bulletproof solution.

I'm a candidate for projects/companies that have heightened demand for things like: precision mechanics/fabrication, superior finishing, and audacious form studies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment